My TBR list has officially outgrown me.
After finally welcoming my new Kobo Libra Colour home, I may have gone on a tiny bit of an ARC-requesting spree that I am now feeling the consequences of. Between summer vacation, keeping up with family, and tackling my seasonal home cleaning resets, my reading time has been taking a major backseat.
The result? I currently have 14 ARCs that need to be read and reviewed before September.
To make sure I get these done without losing my mind, I’m implementing a few strict rules for the next two months:
The ARC-First Policy: Review copies get absolute priority status. No excuses!
The No-Buy Ban: My wallet is officially closed. No new books (e-book or physical) until this queue is completely clear.
The Reward System: Once the ARCs are done and the reviews are posted, I get to dive into my neglected physical TBR pile as a reward.
I’m looking forward to the challenge of clearing the digital clutter so I can get back to my physical shelves. Wish me luck as I power through these summer reads!
Have you ever gone overboard on requests and lived to tell the tale? Let me know in the comments. I definitely need to know I’m not alone in this!
| Currently Reading | Completed Reads | TBR List |
|---|---|---|
|
|
|
Cat Stories

Luna has been such a sweet girl, joining me every time I tackle a new book. It's like she knows how stressed I am to get through these books. The story behind this photo is actually funny—let me tell you about it!
I was in bed crying and screaming at Ithan Holstrom and a character named Tharion! These two gave me so much stress in the third book of Sarah J. Maas's Crescent City series. Luna heard my sobs and screaming, ran up the stairs to my bedroom, and was growling like a dog! I wish I had been able to record it, but sadly I was too engrossed in my reading.
I noticed her growling and patrolling the room like a little guard dog. She hopped on the bed and used her cute paws to tap my shoulders, which made me laugh, and I proceeded to pet her! We shortly fell asleep after. She was with me through the Sarah J. Maas Universe lol.
Let's also talk about my sweet Boba! You know the saying that goes something like "my shadow"? Well, this is my shadow. He is my heart! I think I'm not supposed to have favorites, but this guy right here is such a cuddle bug. He knows what he wants and he is so confident that I just can't help falling in love with him!
Of course I love Luna too! But she is more of my husband's cat, she prefers him over me! But this man right here gives me heart eyes every time he looks at me!
We were listening to an audiobook when a loud thunderstorm rolled through and it scared us both. We jumped up and stared at each other like, "Did you hear that?!" Sadly, we are both scared of thunderstorms, so we cuddled and fell asleep on the couch that night. I thought I would snap a photo because he looked so cute!!! He is my reading buddy as well.
Cats are truly wonderful babies to have, because once they love you, they love you for life.
